Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing program that allows you to design high quality brochures, flyers, business cards, postcards, books and even pages for digital publishing.
In this course, you will learn how to add, place and resize graphics; how to create text, import text and work with text in a document; how to draw shapes and use those shapes in your document; and how to package your work for a commercial printer.
- Recognize the basic tools of InDesign and appropriately use the tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Implement proper understanding and organization of files and layers within the layers panel and InDesign interface.
- Appropriately adjust and export images with variations in image file-type, dimension and color.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Understanding Project Setup and Interface Using Adobe InDesign
- Understanding Organizing Documents
- Creating and Modifying Visual Elements Using Adobe InDesign
- Publishing Digital Media Using Adobe InDesign
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- Competency in reading and writing English
- All course training is in English. That includes oral, written, media-based and other administrative communication.
Access to the Software
VDCI will provide you the guidance on how to access the Adobe software you need for this Photoshop course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Learn interface, Create abstract brush background.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Remove hook from background, Fix images
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create graphic logo from sketch, Create logo from low-res file, Edit logo stylizing, Export logo appropriately.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Assembly of deliverables, Mastering images with Styles & Effects, Changing canvas & image size.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks, on a Friday and are 18-days long.