WIOA & Government Funded Enrollment Steps
These programs are partially funded by WIOA. These WIOA Title I – funded programs or activities are an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon requests to individuals with disabilities.
For students seeking funding from WIOA and other government agencies:
(Step 1) Contact your Career OneStop/America's Job Center Career Counselor
- Reach out to your local Career OneStop/America's Job Center to begin the application process. You can find links to the Career Centers from one of the three "External Links to Career Centers" in the column to your right.
(Step 2) Schedule a phone call with one of our staff members
- Call or send an email to schedule a phone call with one of our staff members to go over the program details and requirements of the technology certificate program you are interested in.
- Call us at 1-619-758-9300
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Step 3) Get Approved, Choose a start date and establish training agreement with Third Party provider
- You will be asked to do a phone interview to ensure you are eligible to take the program. Once the details of your program have been discussed and you have been approved to enroll in the program, a training agreement must be established with the Third Party provider. The career center or career counselor will provide you a training agreement that must be reviewed and signed by a Program Coordinator.
- Once the training agreement has been reviewed and signed by all parties, the enrollment process will begin. A Program Coordinator will be in touch with you to complete the following enrollment steps via email:
- Review the VDCI School Catalog and Student Performance Fact Sheets
- Complete the enrollment forms
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement
- Submit a copy of a high school diploma, GED, or other proof of former education in order such as a transcript, diploma, or certificate to email@example.com.
- After you have submitted your Enrollment Agreement, you will receive an executed copy of your Enrollment Agreement via email.
(Step 4) Begin your Technology Certificate Program!
After the Enrollment Process is complete, our administrative staff will reach out to you to welcome you to the VDCI Technology Certificate Program, to discuss your schedule, your required and elective course options.
Technology Certificate Students will be automatically placed in a “trial period” for six weeks or until their first two courses in the program have been successfully completed with a "C-" (70%) or better. These courses must include one required introductory level and one required intermediate level course required for the completion of the student’s certificate program.