Our online, instructor-led Blueprint Reading classes are taught by a licensed architect who creates construction documents for commercial, government and residential projects -- and has received project documentation awards from the American Institute of Architects.
Our Estimating class is taught by a certified, professional construction cost estimator who is the past-President of the American Society of Professional Estimators.
The Blueprint Reading Courses Include Closed Captioning.
- Start at the very beginning.
- Learn about Drawing Scale.
- Classes are thorough and detailed.
- Learn how blueprint drawings are organized.
- Learn how information is referenced throughout a set of construction blueprint drawings.
- Review architectural and engineering blueprint drawings.
- Learn about project specifications.
The courses listed below are included in this training bundle. Each course will be scheduled one at a time in the sequence listed. Each course will be scheduled immediately after one another, unless requested otherwise.
Blueprint Reading for Residential Construction (10 Clock Hours) – Utilizes lectures, hands-on demonstrations and lab exercises to familiarize participants with the art of blueprint reading.
Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the drawings included in a set of Construction Documents (blueprints) for a Custom Residential and a Mixed-Use Commercial project. Analyze different drawings and see how information is referenced throughout a set of Construction Documents. Evaluate the similarities between all sets of construction documents submitted for building permits. Recognize the need for consistency in presenting information in all types of Construction Documents.
Blueprint Reading for Commercial Construction (20 Clock Hours) – - An indepth study of architectural, civil, engineering, interior and other construction documents for a mixed-use commercial project.
Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the drawings included in a set of commercial project Construction Documents (blueprints) for a large Mixed-Use project (hotel, parking and retail). Analyze different drawings and see how information is referenced throughout a set of Construction Documents. Evaluate the similarities between all sets of construction documents submitted for building permits. Recognize the need for consistency in presenting information in all types of Construction Documents. Gain experience understanding how 3D model presentations within a set of construction documents makes the construction documents easier to understand the project.
Introduction to Construction Estimating (20 Clock Hours) – Utilizes lectures, hands-on demonstrations and lab exercises to familiarize participants with construction estimating.
Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the construction drawings and a quantity-takeoff cost estimate. Analyze the components of a cost estimate and learn how a quantity-takeoff cost estimate is created. Master an understanding of quantity surveying, estimating takeoffs and pricing estimated quantities. Recognize the need for thoroughness and attention to detail when preparing cost estimates.
Additional Construction Fundamentals Courses To Consider
In the construction industry, you need to know how buildings are built. Start at the beginning. Learn the workflow and the language used by construction industry professionals. The information covered in these courses is normally learned on-the-job.
You can mix and match these courses and take them in addition to your Blueprint Reading Bundle.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks. Courses begin on a Friday and are 18-days long.
Software & Internet Bandwidth
There is not any software required for these courses other than Adobe Acrobat, which is included on your computer. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Program Prerequisites for Successful Completion
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses. If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- There is no software required for this course. Your computer must be able to run Adobe Acrobat Reader, and you need to have good Internet quality bandwidth.
- Competency in reading and writing English
- All course training is in English. That includes oral, written, media-based and other administrative communication.
BUNDLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- This Training Bundle can be paid in full or paid with an initial and then 2 more payment of $150.00 made 30 days from the date of purchase. Payment plans are based on one course at a time. For a more accelerated schedule, please contact email@example.com or call 619-758-9300.
Promote your Success
VDCI Digital Badge
- Digital Badge is earned when you complete your Bundle
- Share your VDCI Digital Badge in your LinkedIn profile
- Display your VDCI Badge in your resume or eSignature
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader
- No textbook required
- Career Options (PDF/200KB)