Our online, instructor-led Blueprint Reading classes are taught by a licensed architect who creates construction documents for commercial, government and residential projects -- and has received project documentation awards from the American Institute of Architects.
The Blueprint Reading Courses Include Closed Captioning.
- Start at the very beginning.
- Learn about Drawing Scale.
- Classes are thorough and detailed.
- Learn how blueprint drawings are organized.
- Learn how information is referenced throughout a set of construction blueprint drawings.
- Review architectural and engineering blueprint drawings.
- Learn about project specifications.
The courses listed below are included in this training bundle. Each course will be scheduled one at a time in the sequence listed. Each course will be scheduled immediately after one another, unless requested otherwise.
Introduction to Blueprint Reading (10 Clock Hours) – Utilizes lectures, hands-on demonstrations and lab exercises to familiarize participants with the art of blueprint reading.
Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the drawings included in a set of Construction Documents (blueprints) for a Custom Residential and a Mixed-Use Commercial project. Analyze different drawings and see how information is referenced throughout a set of Construction Documents. Evaluate the similarities between all sets of construction documents submitted for building permits. Recognize the need for consistency in presenting information in all types of Construction Documents.
Intermediate Blueprint Reading (20 Clock Hours) – - An indepth study of architectural, civil, engineering, interior and other construction documents for a mixed-use commercial project.
Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the drawings included in a set of commercial project Construction Documents (blueprints) for a large Mixed-Use project (hotel, parking and retail). Analyze different drawings and see how information is referenced throughout a set of Construction Documents. Evaluate the similarities between all sets of construction documents submitted for building permits. Recognize the need for consistency in presenting information in all types of Construction Documents. Gain experience understanding how 3D model presentations within a set of construction documents makes the construction documents easier to understand the project.
Additional Construction Fundamentals Courses To Consider
In the construction industry, you need to know how buildings are built. Start at the beginning. Learn the workflow and the language used by construction industry professionals. The information covered in these courses is normally learned on-the-job.
You can mix and match these courses and take them in addition to your Blueprint Reading Bundle.
Create your Own Custom Bundle
You can mix and match course offerings to create your own career education training bundle. Don’t see the exact bundle of courses you need? Build a customized bundle from our course offerings to fit your specific educational objectives.
When you add two or more classes to your cart, the applicable discount will automatically be applied. Save 10% for 2-3 Classes. Save 15% for 4+ Classes.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- There is no software required for this course. Your computer must be able to run Adobe Acrobat Reader, and you need to have good Internet quality bandwidth.
BUNDLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- This Training Bundle can be paid in full or paid with an initial and then 1 more payment of $150.00 made 30 days from the date of purchase. Payment plans are based on one course at a time. For a more accelerated schedule, please contact email@example.com or call 619-758-9300.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader
- No textbook required
- Career Options (PDF/200KB)