In this online Revit training course, using the Revit Architecture tools, you learn how information is inter-related throughout the Revit (BIM) model. You will design 3D building models that simultaneously document the project in schedules and in 2D construction document sheets from that model.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and also an experienced architectural project manager who uses Revit on a daily basis, preparing construction documents for commercial, medical and biotech projects.
VDCI encourages a strong online engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another.
In BIM 101, Introduction to Revit, you will start a small commercial building project from scratch.
You will be provided source Revit files, which you will use to start your project. You will be provided videos which will guide you through the learning process. There will be quizzes relating to your project as well as to your reading assignments. There will be discussion forums in which you will be participating. There will be regular progress submissions of the work you completed and there will also be 1:1 time with your instructor.
The course material provided is identical in both our onsite and online training environments.
- Explore the Building Information Modeling (BIM) interface.
- Design a 3D building model to explain how information is inter-related throughout the BIM model.
- Integrate building components into a 3D model and develop construction document sheets from that model.
- Develop a project which includes stairs and “feature architectural designs” to strengthen BIM modeling skill sets.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
- Use dimension strings
- Set the colors used in a color scheme legend
ELEMENTS AND FAMILIES
- Change elements within a curtain wall (grids, panels, mullions)
- Create compound walls
- Differentiate system and component families
- Work with family Parameters
- Create a new family type
- Create a stair with a landing
- Create elements such as a floors, ceilings, or roofs
- Model railings
- Edit a model element's material (door, window, furniture)
- Change a generic floor/ceiling/roof to a specific type
- Attach walls to a roof or ceiling
- Define element properties in a schedule
- Control visibility
- Use levels
- Create a duplicate view for a plan, section, elevation, drafting view, etc.
- Manage view position on sheets
- Organize and sort items in a schedule
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- AutoCAD 101, 201 (or equivalent with instructor approval) preferred. CAD drafting experience preferred.
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students become familiar with the Revit User Interface, modeling basic wall types, and exploring working with the various views.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students insert datum elements; grids and elevations, and insert doors, windows and furniture into their model.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue with modeling elements, adding the roof, stairs, and floors.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin to annotate their design and create a sheet file for submission.
VDCI | cadteacher online course – ALL COURSES
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|
ONSITE - Evening Classes
|2019||Jan 08 - Jan 17, 2019||Tu/Th||6:00pm-10:00pm||$425.00|
|Apr 02 - Apr 11, 2019||Tu/Th||6:00pm-10:00pm||$425.00|
|Jul 09 - Jul 19, 2019||Tu/Th||6:00pm-10:00pm||$425.00|
|Sep 24 - Oct 03, 2019||Tu/Th||6:00pm-10:00pm||$425.00|