All Technology Certificate Program Students must have the minimum of a high school Diploma or GED equivalent before they can enroll in a VDCI Technology Certificate Program. Copies of these documents must be submitted to email@example.com.
The US Department of Education requires that students enrolling in a VDCI Technology Certificate Program must provide a digital or printed copy of their transcripts, degree, diploma, or GED test results, demonstrating that they meet or exceed the Department of Education's requirements.
When a vocational student does not meet the minimum education requirement, the only test that can be taken in lieu of the minimum education is the “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) exam. Students must earn a passing score according to the ATB exam in order to begin taking courses at VDCI. The Minimum passing scores are Reading: 55, Writing Skill: 60, Math: 34.
Our administrative staff will gladly help you with your enrollment. Please call us at 619-758-9300
- Our technology certificate programs are nationally accredited; therefore, we adhere to the following expectations:
(a) Program must be completed within the published time frame (9 – 12 months depending on the program)
(b) Any breaks must be approved in advance – a Leave of Absence form must be submitted for approval. Work-related breaks are not allowed.
(c) If employed within the industry, VDCI may ask you to confirm your employer, start date, position/title, employer contact info so we can verify your employment.
(d) If a student does not plan to get employed in a training-related position, they should not enroll in a technology certificate program.
- Proof of Education: VDCI requires a copy of a high school diploma, GED, or other proof of former education in order such as a transcript, diploma, or certificate to enroll in a certificate program
- Trial Period: VDCI requires you to fill out an enrollment agreement prior to starting your first course in the program. By signing the enrollment agreement, you agree to start the program under a trial period where you will be expected to complete two courses with a 70% or higher. If you do not pass this trial period, you will be dropped from the program and you will not be allowed to enroll in another technology certificate program, however, you can enroll in our training bundles. See VDCI Catalog page 94 to review the trial period details.
- Stay in touch with Staff: VDCI expects each student to communicate with our staff when an issue arises that may affect their class attendance. Lack of communication, after a certain period of time, may result in program termination.
- Certificate Program v Training Bundle: If the student is not interested in receiving a technology certificate for completing a program, they should not enroll in a program and should refer to our training bundles.
- Hardware Requirements: Student must have a computer that meets the computer hardware requirements necessary to run Autodesk software programs.
- Student must have fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- Students must have access to good-quality (10 mbps) Internet bandwidth. It is recommended that students use dual monitors.
- Time Commitments: Student must have enough time to spend 20+ hours per each 18-day cycle to complete each online course.
- Student must be comfortable taking classes online.
Enrolling in a Technology Certificate Program requires that students submit:
- A picture or scanned copy of their transcripts, degree, diploma, or GED test results confirming that the student meets or exceeds VDCI’s minimum education requirements
- Image must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate-Specific Enrollment Agreement
- Acknowledge having downloaded and read the VDCI Catalog and School Performance Fact Sheet
- Enrolling in a Technology Certificate Program requires that students complete a Certificate-Specific Enrollment Agreement, acknowledgement of having read the VDCI Catalog and the VDCI School Performance Fact Sheet and also download a copy of the VDCI Catalog.
- Students will be able to enroll in the Technology Certificate Program once these forms have been submitted digitally. Students will find these forms located in the checkout process of their Technology Certificate Program.
If participating in a VDCI no-interest payment plan:
- Payment Plan Agreement
- Students participating in a VDCI no-interest payment plan will also be required to fill out documents for their specific Technology Certificate Program.