SketchUp is a great tool for 3D modeling and rendering. In this online SketchUp training class Bundle, students will be introduced to the SketchUp interface and tools to create elements and complete projects using SketchUp.
Our online SketchUp training classes are real-world, project-based. Taught by a SketchUp-approved instructor who is also a working professional who uses SketchUp on a daily basis. Strong student engagement.
The classes listed below are included in this training bundle. Each class will be scheduled one at a time in the sequence listed. Each online SketchUp class will be scheduled immediately after one another, unless requested otherwise.
Introduction to SketchUp - (20 Clock Hours) - Preliminary massing studies, preliminary interior design, AutoCAD compatibility, basic presentation techniques.
Design massing and preliminary design 3D models. Determine the most efficient way of accurately and productively working within SketchUp. Use all of the SketchUp tools to best learn the functionality of the software program. Create walk throughs of 3D models using the camera tools.
Intermediate SketchUp - (20 Clock Hours) - Schematic design concepts, design development concepts, AutoCAD compatibility pt.2, Revit compatibility, other 3d software compatibility, refined presentation techniques.
Use more advanced SketchUp tools to create doors, walls, windows and to detail the interior of buildings. Create and edit new materials and add photo textures to SketchUp models from Google Earth. Create scenes, generate scene settings and animate those settings in SketchUp. Explore creating topography and exporting images and animations.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks. Courses begin on a Friday and are 18-days long.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Program Prerequisites for Successful Completion
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses. If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- Competency in reading and writing English
- All course training is in English. That includes oral, written, media-based and other administrative communication.
BUNDLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- This Training Bundle can be paid in full or paid with an initial and then 1 more payment of $270.00, 30 days from the date of purchase. Payment plans are based on one course at a time. For a more accelerated schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-758-9300.
Promote your Success
VDCI Digital Badge
- Digital Badge is earned when you complete your Bundle
- Share your VDCI Digital Badge in your LinkedIn profile
- Display your VDCI Badge in your resume or eSignature
- SketchUp Make
- No textbook required.
- Career Options (PDF/200KB)