PFC 501, the Technology Certificate Completion Practical, is your opportunity to showcase the skills you have learned at VDCI. You will work closely with your instructor to design and create a project which allows you to demonstrate the software skills you have learned at VDCI.
The end result of this course is for you to create a portfolio project which you can present to future employers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the software programs learned in your Technology Certificate courses.
- Evaluate the best methods to successfully complete your Certificate Completion Practical.
- Develop a thesis project which integrates the best use of each of the software programs learned throughout your Technology Certificate.
- Aligns with project deliverable submission schedules which are regularly used in industry -- Scheduling implementation plan; 30% deliverable; 60% deliverable; 90% deliverable; 100% deliverable; Final deliverable.
Autodesk Certification Objectives
Autodesk Certification Objectives are not formally addressed in this course.
Certification / Accreditation
- National Accreditation - VDCI is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
This is the final course for our Technology Certificate students.
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
- Syllabus (PDF/200KB)
The Enrollment Process
Individual Online Enrollment Steps
(Step 1) Review a Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement & Program Requirements
Before enrolling into a program, please review the Technology Certificate Program Requirements.
Then, click on the name of your Technology Certificate Program below and review that Enrollment Agreement. Once you register for the
program, you will be acknowledging that you have reviewed the Enrollment Agreement before making your payment. You will be completing a copy of your Technology Certificate Program Enrollment agreement after you have registered your Certificate Program.
- CAD / BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- CAD Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- Civil 3D Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
Please contact our administrative staff if you have any questions regarding the enrollment process.
(Step 2) Register for the Technology Certificate Program
- Choose the Payment Plan for your Technology Certificate Program and follow the checkout steps.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your records. You will also receive a separate email with the next steps:
- Review the VDCI School Catalog and Student Performance Fact Sheets.
- Submit a copy of a high school diploma, GED, or other proof of former education in order such as a transcript, diploma, or certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A staff member will reach out to you to go over the program details and requirements.
- Once all details and requirements have been discussed, you will be asked to fill out several enrollment forms, including an Enrollment Agreement, via Adobe Sign.
- After you have submitted your Enrollment Agreement, you will receive an executed copy of your Enrollment Agreement via email.
(Step 3) Begin your Technology Certificate Program!
After the Enrollment Process is complete, our administrative staff will reach out to you to Welcome you to the VDCI Technology Certificate Program, to discuss your schedule, your required and elective course options.
Technology Certificate Students will be automatically placed in a “trial period” for six weeks or until their first two courses in the program have been successfully completed with a "C-" (70%) or better. These courses must include one required introductory level and one required intermediate level course required for the completion of the student’s certificate program.