The online Civil 3D Previous Experience class training Bundle is for students with experience in AutoCAD and who want to develop their Civil 3D skills. This online Civil 3D Bundle builds upon our students' existing AutoCAD experience. The series of online Civil 3D classes introduce fundamental and intermediate concepts on how to effectively work with Civil 3D.
Taught by a licensed Civil Engineer who works with Civil 3D on a daily basis. Strong student engagement. Real-world, project-based curriculum.
The courses listed below are included in this training bundle. Each course will be scheduled one at a time in the sequence listed. Each course will be scheduled immediately after one another, unless requested otherwise.
Intermediate Civil 3D Surveying and Mapping (30 Clock Hours) - Applying Civil 3D for basic 3D design projects.
Create a topographic survey document by importing relevant field-generated data. Develop site parcels, using survey data; properly displaying parcel data; including surface generation and surface manipulation. Create site profile views, terrain profiles, and design profiles. Master surface and point manipulation including fine-tuning manipulation to accurately reflect existing and future site conditions.
Intermediate Civil 3D Transportation Design (30 Clock Hours) - Emphasizes intermediate civil engineering tools within Civil 3D.
Design and create a corridor and derive information and data from the corridor. Design and create an intersection. Create and analyze sections and section views. Design and create a grading model and a grading model feature line.
Intermediate Civil 3D Land Development (30 Clock Hours) - Using major Civil3D design elements
Design and create pressure networks in plan and profile. Discover and explore data referencing of Civil3D design elements. Utilize data referencing to create new drawings. Produce professional plans utilizing sheet sets.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks. Courses begin on a Friday and are 18-days long.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Program Prerequisites for Successful Completion
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses. If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- At least 1 year of AutoCAD drafting experience or equivalent AutoCAD training (CAD101 and CAD 201).
- Competency in reading and writing English
- All course training is in English. That includes oral, written, media-based and other administrative communication.
BUNDLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- This Training Bundle can be paid in full or paid with an initial and then 2 more payments of $445.00 every 30 days from the date of purchase. Payment plans are based on one course at a time. For a more accelerated schedule, please contact email@example.com or call 619-758-9300.
Promote your Success
VDCI Digital Badge
- Digital Badge is earned when you complete your Bundle
- Share your VDCI Digital Badge in your LinkedIn profile
- Display your VDCI Badge in your resume or eSignature
Take a Certification Exam
Autodesk Certification Exams
- Autodesk Certified User
- Autodesk Certified Professional
- Civil 3D