Current Job Opportunities for VDCI Students & Alumni
In the section below, students can find current job opportunities for AutoCAD, Revit and Civil 3D positions in the top ten states where many of our students live.
Some employers also post positions on our Job Opportunities Received Directly by our Admin Team, which is provided below our "For Students - Current Job Opportunities" Section.
A much more comprehensive list of job opportunities is available in the DEMONSTRATED SKILLS section of your DIGITAL BADGE.
For Students - Current Job Opportunities
Please expand TOP JOB TITLES by selecting SHOW MORE.
Job Opportunities Received Directly by our Admin Team
In the near future, this information (below) will be folded into the "For Students - Current Job Opportunities" section (above).
Senior CAD Technician -- Kiely Family of Companies
- JOB POSITION TITLE -- Senior CAD Technician
- LOCATION -- Breinigsville, PA
- DESCRIPTION -- Prepare layout and perform drafting tasks from written and verbal instructions with little to no oversight, demonstrating a broad knowledge of AutoCAD and CADWorx
Basic Modeling Helper -- Argo Swim Video Service
- JOB POSITION TITLE -- Basic Modeling Helper
- LOCATION -- Remote; company based in Easton, MD
- DESCRIPTION -- looking for a beginner who wants some simple work to practice their technique
- QUALIFICATIONS -- Have a rudimentary knowledge of geometrical shapes and how to draw and combine them through CAD - really simple stuff. Please view this video to get a better understanding of the concept.
- HOW TO APPLY -- text Brad Hopkins at 410-310-7500
- CONTACT NAME -- Brad Hopkins
- EMAIL -- Brad@ArgoSwimVideo.com
- WEBSITE -- https://www.ArgoSwimVideo.com
- Date Posted: 190919
AutoCAD Drafter -- National Building Systems
- JOB POSITION TITLE -- AutoCAD Drafter
- LOCATION -- Southern California (work from home)
- DESCRIPTION -- • This position requires the applicant to use Architectural and Structural drawings to create new placement plans and material lists for the structural wood products we supply. • The applicant will be responsible for creating accurate and timely documents in order to meet construction delivery schedules. • The applicant will be required to communicate with project professionals including engineers, architects, contractors, NBS sales representatives, building officials and material suppliers. • The applicant will work from their own home and will be responsible for managing their own time.
- QUALIFICATIONS -- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • AutoCAD training. • Microsoft Excel and Word experience. • Knowledge of the building process. • Knowledge of wood construction. • Construction drafting experience. • Ability to be self-motivated and work without oversight. • Ability to work from home.
- HOW TO APPLY -- Email email@example.com
- CONTACT NAME -- Mark Chapple
- EMAIL -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE -- https://nationalbuildingsystems.com/
- Date Posted: 190828
BIM Detailer -- Dynalectric Company San Diego
- JOB POSITION TITLE -- BIM Detailer
- LOCATION -- San Diego, CA
- DESCRIPTION -- Overview With preconstruction services on the rise, strong knowledge of CAD technologies is a must for a trade contracting company to compete in the current market. Dynalectric uses the latest BIM technologies such as AutoCAD MEP, Revit, Navisworks and Bluebeam for BIM coordination. We are in looking for a self-starting, detailed, organized BIM detailer who is a team player with good communication skills. Field Foreman experience is highly desirable. Primary Responsibilities Working within a project team to develop strategies for BIM execution on medium and large commercial and industrial projects 3D & 2D drafting of electrical systems Coordination of electrical systems with Architectural, Structural, HVAC, Plumbing, and fire protection systems Quality control of all PDF documents sent to the field for installation purposes Communication with project team to issue field deliverables in timely manner Any other duties as assigned/needed Job Type Full-time Location San Diego, CA (Kearny Mesa, Required) Work Authorization United States (Required) About Us Founded in 1970, Dynalectric Company has become the most technologically advanced and forward-thinking electrical contractor and industrial construction company in San Diego. Our six core values are: Integrity, Discipline, Transparency, Mutual Respect and Trust, Commitment to Safety, and Teamwork. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
- QUALIFICATIONS -- Field electrical experience – Multi-Year & Field Foreman experience is highly desirable Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and project specifications 2 years detailing experience Solid understanding of AutoCAD, professional training preferred but not required Ability to use Navisworks Manage for clash coordination Ability to communicate and work within a team Revit experience is a plus Bluebeam experience is a plus Basic use of email (Lotus Notes), Windows operating system, and Microsoft Office
- HOW TO APPLY -- Click Here to Apply Online
- CONTACT NAME -- Deric Kempsell, HR Manager
- EMAIL -- email@example.com
- WEBSITE -- https://www.dyna-sd.com/
- Date Posted: 190826
For Employers - To Post a Job the VDCI Job Board
To list a career opportunity on the VDCI Job Board, please visit our Post A Job page. Once we receive and review it, your career opportunity is listed for 60 days. We promote your opportunity through our social media channels (about 3,000 people).
In the near future, VDCI will teach employers how to add their job opportunities directly into our national database, for improved visibility by job candidates.
For questions regarding job postings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post A Job
Please fill out the form below to submit a VDCI Job Board Request
If you have any questions regarding job postings, please email email@example.com. Please allow one business day for the posting to go live. The posting will be online for 60 days.