This is an online training tutorial seminar review course for the Revit Architecture Certification Exam with a valuable overview of the concepts and the types of questions which will be presented in the exam. The format for the questions and the methodology/logic behind the kinds of questions covered in the exam are also discussed. No answers to the Certification Exam are provided. This online Revit course helps you pass the Revit Architecture Exam.
In this online seminar review "Revit Exam Prep" class for the Revit Architecture Certification Exam, we conduct targeted presentations, providing valuable information which includes discussing and demonstrating the numerous Revit commands and concepts which have been covered throughout the Revit Architecture courses at VDCI, and how they relate to the Certification Exam.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Revit Certified Instructor and works daily with Revit on real-world commercial projects. The course focuses on reviewing topics relevant to the Revit Architecture Certification Exam.
No answers to the Certification Exam are provided -- just valuable overview concepts of the types of questions which will be presented in the exam; the format for the questions and the methodology/logic behind the kinds of questions answered in the exam.
By the conclusion of this seminar course, students will be well versed in the kinds of topics about which they will be tested on the Revit Architecture Certification Exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency manipulating model information.
- Validate your skills and knowledge of Revit.
- Advance your competitive edge and reputation, and achieve an accepted credential which can advance your career.
- Compare the functionality of different commands by using alternate interface methods.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
- Copy and monitor elements in a linked file
- Use worksharing
- Import DWG and image files
- Use Worksharing Visualization
- Assess review warnings in Revit
- Create and modify filled regions
- Place detail components and repeating details
- Tag elements (doors, windows, etc.) by category
- Use dimension strings
- Set the colors used in a color scheme legend
- Work with phases
ELEMENTS AND FAMILIES
- Change elements within a curtain wall (grids, panels, mullions)
- Create compound walls
- Create a stacked wall
- Differentiate system and component families
- Work with family Parameters
- Create a new family type
- Use Family creation procedures
- Create a building pad
- Define floors for a mass
- Create a stair with a landing
- Create elements such as a floors, ceilings, or roofs
- Generate a topo surface
- Model railings
- Edit a model element's material (door, window, furniture)
- Change a generic floor/ceiling/roof to a specific type
- Attach walls to a roof or ceiling
- Control visibility
- Use levels
- Create a duplicate view for a plan, section, elevation, drafting view, etc.
- Create and manage legends
- Manage view position on sheets
- This course is a seminar-based course regarding the Revit Architecture Certification Exam. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that students complete BIM 101 through BIM 302 before attempting the exam. If students have not participated in these classes, at least six months of professional work experience using Revit is recommended.
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of two (2) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin by getting an overview of the Revit Certification Test Roadmap.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of three (3) On-Site Clock Hours
Students start to model the new structure using the existing building as the framework.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of two (2) On-Site Clock Hours
Students review families and family types, components, stairs and railings, and dimensioning.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of three (3) On-Site Clock Hours
Students review annotations, schedules, material editor, and plotting.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|