Learn Illustrator in this online Introduction class for professional designers, architects, engineers, contractors, marketers, and others seeking professional advancement or job transition through the acquisition of Adobe Illustrator skills for their professional or personal advancement.
Learn to use Adobe Illustrator including the tools and features that make Illustrator useful for photo and graphic projects. In this online training class, students will learn basic Illustrator strategies necessary for adjusting, correcting, and supplementing photos and graphics.
- Recognize the basic tools of Illustrator and appropriately utilize these tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Implement proper understanding and organization of files and layers within the layers panel and Illustrator interface.
- Appropriately adjust and export images with variations in image file-type, dimension and color.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Understanding Digital Images
- Understanding Adobe Illustrator
- Creating Digital Images Using Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing Digital Images Using Adobe Illustrator
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- DAC 241 or three months experience working with the software.
- In order to run Illustrator software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Learn interface, Create abstract brush background.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Remove hook from background, Fix images
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create graphic logo from sketch, Create logo from low-res file, Edit logo stylizing, Export logo appropriately.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Assembly of deliverables, Mastering images with Styles & Effects, Changing canvas & image size.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|