Learn Illustrator in this online Introduction class for professional designers, architects, engineers, contractors, marketers, and others seeking professional advancement or job transition through the acquisition of Adobe Illustrator skills for their professional or personal advancement.
Learn to use Adobe Illustrator including the tools and features that make Illustrator useful for photo and graphic projects. In this online training class, students will learn basic Illustrator strategies necessary for adjusting, correcting, and supplementing photos and graphics.
About Your Instructor
Your instructor is Adobe Certified and also is an experienced working professional who uses Illustrator on a daily basis, preparing digital marketing materials for commercial, educational and residential projects. Learn more about your instructor.
Learning Illustrator Online at VDCI
VDCI encourages a strong online engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another. Learn More about the VDCI Online Learning Experience.
- Recognize the basic tools of Illustrator and appropriately utilize these tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Implement proper understanding and organization of files and layers within the layers panel and Illustrator interface.
- Appropriately adjust and export images with variations in image file-type, dimension and color.
By the end of this course, students will be able to understand common file types, how to customize the Illustrator workspace, draw with brushes, use selection tools, fix common photo corrections, and create marketing compositions.
The course is designed for architects, interior designers, engineers, graphic designers and other professionals wanting to learn how to use Illustrator to edit photographs and to create marketing pieces for their professional practices.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Adobe software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or email@example.com to receive that information.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Understanding Digital Images
- Understanding Adobe Illustrator
- Creating Digital Images Using Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing Digital Images Using Adobe Illustrator
Certification / Accreditation
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our institution is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Illustrator software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Learn interface, Create abstract brush background.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Remove hook from background, Fix images
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create graphic logo from sketch, Create logo from low-res file, Edit logo stylizing, Export logo appropriately.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Assembly of deliverables, Mastering images with Styles & Effects, Changing canvas & image size.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|