Introduction to Photoshop is for professional designers, architects, engineers, contractors, marketers, and others seeking professional advancement or job transition through the acquisition of Photoshop skills.
This course is designed for the working professional and all individuals interested in utilizing Photoshop for their professional or personal advancement.
You will learn to use the Photoshop application as well as the specific tools and features that make this application useful for photo and graphic projects. In addition, students will learn basic strategies necessary for adjusting, correcting, and supplementing photos and graphics.
- Recognize the basic tools of Photoshop and appropriately utilize these tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Implement proper understanding and organization of files and layers within the layers panel and Photoshop interface.
- Appropriately adjust and export images with variations in image file-type, dimension and color.
By the end of this course, students will be able to understand common file types, how to customize the Photoshop workspace, draw with brushes, use selection tools, fix common photo corrections, and create marketing compositions.
The course is designed for architects, interior designers, engineers, graphic designers and other professionals wanting to learn how to use Photoshop to edit photographs and to create marketing pieces for their professional practices.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Autodesk software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive that information.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Understanding Digital Images
- Understanding Adobe Photoshop
- Creating Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
- Publishing Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
Certification / Accreditation
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Photoshop software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students become familiar with the Photoshop User Interface.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students learn how to adjust images.
- PROJECT: Photo Adjustments
- MIDTERM: Adjustments and modifications
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students learn to combine photos and make necessary adjustments.
- PROJECT: Composing a document -- a park along the Pacific Coast, in Del Mar, California
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students add images of people to their photo.
- PROJECT: Enhancing a document -- a park along the Pacific Coast, in Del Mar, California
- FINAL: Flattening and submitting your deliverable
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|Mar 29 - Apr 15, 2019||ONLINE|
|Apr 19 - May 06, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|