This intermediate online Photoshop tutorial training class provides more real-world, advanced projects and tutorials to help you apply, reinforce, and expand upon the Photoshop skills you learned in the Introduction to Photoshop training class.
You will learn more advanced, intermediate Photoshop skills and techniques, expand your ability to set project requirements, use transparent masks, and stitch diverse images into photo composites.
This Photoshop tutorial course reinforces Photoshop techniques and expands tool utilization and strategies using a project-based approach. You will walk through real-world projects, including planning, goal-oriented design, and export. You will create three unique banners for a fictional construction client.
- Reinforce the basic tools of Adobe Photoshop and appropriately use these tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Incorporate client’s determined goals, audience, and branding.
- Assess and adjust image strategy based on determined marketing and design goals.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Setting Project Requirements
- Understanding Digital Images
- Understanding Adobe Photoshop
- Creating Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
- Publishing Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- DAC 101 or three months experience working with the software.
- Competency in reading and writing English
- All course training is in English. That includes oral, written, media-based and other administrative communication.
Access to the Software
VDCI will provide you the guidance on how to access the Adobe software you need for this Photoshop course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Create a banner with A City.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create a banner with Construction Worker in Color & Construction Icons.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Remove Crane & Place Man with Crane in Scenes.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create Banner with Composite Photo and Export Final Banners.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks, on a Friday and are 18-days long.