09:00 Monday 30 March, 2020
To Our Students:
With the coronavirus (COVID-19) affecting communities, families, and people around the world, this is a difficult time for all of us. Our hearts go out to all those who have been affected, directly or indirectly.
As we all strive to reach some sense of a new normal in our daily lives, the faculty and staff at VDCI welcome you. We look forward to teaching you the career skills you need to advance your career in the A/E/C profession.
Course Retake & Rescheduling During COVID-19 Conditions
- Students can contact our Admin Team with any retake questions.
- VDCI will not be extending the course cycles past the normal course completion deadlines.
- Students can contact our Admin Team and they will be able to reschedule for any future cycle without any charge.
- All VDCI and UC San Diego onsite/in-person classes have been postponed until after the "Shelter in Place" ruling is lifted.
- For the forseeable future, all of our student engagement will continue to be online only.
Administrative & Student Support Services
The day-to-day administrative and student support services provided by our VDCI Team will appear to you, our students and customers, to be identical to how they have been for the past twenty-three years. Currently, the majority of our VDCI team has chosen to work remotely and to "Shelter In Place" at their homes. VDCI has made a significant investment in enhancing the capabilities of our back-of-house hardware and software technologies. Though we are physically apart, our team touches base throughout the course of each day via phone, text, email, Facetime, Skype, Google Hangouts, Carrier Pigeon and whatever works. ;) We appreciate the guidance of Leigh Eisen at AIA San Diego.
Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce & Business Service Provider
The United States Department of Homeland Security recognizes VDCI as an Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce within the Communications and Information Technology Services Sector. The U.S. Department of Education (US DOE) and the State of California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) recognize VDCI as an Essential Business Service due to our status as an accredited educational institution which facilitates Interactive Distance Learning. VDCI also provides U.S. Federal Government- and California State-funded Interactive Distance Learning Programs and Services for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
As an Essential Business Service, VDCI team members are permitted to perform their job functions on campus through the duration of the "Shelter in Place" directive. When on campus, VDCI team members will adhere to all existing social-distancing requirements.
Something Fun To Do
Here at VDCI, we use Hangouts and Zoom as business tools. However, those same tools can be utilized to connect with friends and get together virtually. Check out this interesting, common-sense article about hosting the perfect virtual hangout by the Washington Post. It's an excellent, quick read, full of terrific ideas on how to stay socially connected while Sheltering In Place.
When we are on the "other side of COVID 19," we will find that using virtual hangouts with our friends, workmates, classmates, teams and groups is going to be much more just a part of life.
Improvements to our VDCI Learning Experience
We have recently upgraded our Learning Hub to a platform that makes Interactive Distance Learning easy and fun! Our upgraded video player allows our students to stream the course material with ease, and our messaging system in the Learning Hub allows for you to conveniently communicate with your instructor.
We are constantly working on updating our courses, catalog, and services to best help you advance in your career.
We're Here for You
- Our entire VDCI team is “here for the duration.”
- Nothing has changed. We are here for you, and your professional success.
- VDCI is not closing or suspending operations. Our doors will remain open.
- As always, please feel free to email me or you can email our Admin Team.
- We will continue to support you and your career education to the best of our abilities.