In this second course using the Revit MEP tools, you will focus on creating a set of MEP construction documents using the project modeled in BIM 321. The set of construction documents created will include annotations, notes and schedules necessary to finish deliverable drawings, extracting them from the Revit MEP model.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and is a practicing MEP Engineering Professional who uses Revit MEP on a daily basis. This online Revit MEP training class will be taught from the MEP engineer’s and designer’s perspective. Architects and others will also improve and enhance their Revit MEP skills to gain more valuable Revit and Revit MEP insight, especially regarding the creation of family files.
You will improve your skills regarding how Revit MEP is used to integrate MEP systems into the building envelope and how Revit MEP helps you facilitate collision detection within Navisworks.
In this online Revit MEP training course, we will create MEP-based construction documents. We create the sheets, annotations, notes and schedules necessary to create deliverable construction documents.
- Explore the methodologies for turning a MEP building model into construction documents that can be used for construction.
- Apply workflow strategies for efficient use of a BIM Model.
- Label building components using annotative elements to create a sheet view that can be used for construction documents.
- Produce a set of working construction documents with annotations, detail callouts, and general notes.
The course is primarily designed for architects, interior designers, engineers, and others involved in the construction industry looking for a hands-on experience working with Revit MEP.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Autodesk software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive that information.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
- Import AutoCAD files into Revit
- Link Revit models
- Create floor plans
- Mechanical: Tag ducts and piping
- Plumbing: Tag items
- Electrical: Tag components
- Create sheets
- Add and modify text
- Add and modify dimensions
- Differentiate system and component families
- Electrical: Add and modify wiring
- View models
- Apply view templates
- Create detail views
- Electrical: Create and label wiring plans
- Mechanical: Create and label HVAC plans
- Plumbing: Create a plumbing view
- Plumbing: Create and label plumbing plans
Certification / Accreditation
- Autodesk Course e-certificate: The VDCI onsite and online courses are approved by Autodesk.
- cadteacher/VDCI is an Authorized Autodesk Training Center (ATC).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Autodesk Professional Certification Exams: For many of their software programs, Autodesk offers User and Professional Certification Exams which test your skills and knowledge. VDCI strongly encourages our students to take the exams and to become Certified Autodesk Professionals. As an Autodesk Certified Professional, you can enhance your credibility and can accelerate your professional development. Many employers insist on hiring Autodesk Certified Professionals.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- BIM 101, BIM 201, BIM 321 or equivalent (with instructor approval) BIM modeling and documentation experience required.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Revit software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software will be downloaded directly onto your machine. Instructions are provided in the VDCI Student Portal for your course.
While you are taking classes at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin by creating and organizing sheet views, and tagging mechanical components.
- PROJECT: Mechanical Sheets (M1.0, M1.1)
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students tag Plumbing components and set up the corresponding sheet views.
- PROJECT: Plumbing Sheets (P1.0)
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students tag Electrical components and set up the corresponding sheet views.
- PROJECT: Electrical Sheets (E1.0, E1.1)
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students import and “Revitize” CAD details.
- PROJECT: Detail Sheets and Title Sheets
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|Apr 19 - May 06, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|