This online Photoshop class is designed to provide more advanced tutorials to help you apply, reinforce, and expand upon the Photoshop skills you learned in the Introduction to Photoshop online training class.
This online Photoshop course reinforces Photoshop techniques and expands tool utilization and strategies using a project-based approach. You will walk through real-world project scenarios including planning, goal-oriented design, and export, ultimately creating three unique banners for a fictional construction client.
During this online Photoshop class, you will learn more advanced, intermediate Photoshop skills and techniques, expanding your ability to set project requirements, use transparent masks, and stitch diverse images into photo composites.
- Reinforce the basic tools of Adobe Photoshop and appropriately use these tools for the desired adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out techniques to adjust, enhance, supplement, and compose files necessary to produce marketing materials.
- Incorporate client’s determined goals, audience, and branding.
- Assess and adjust image strategy based on determined marketing and design goals.
This intermediate, online Photoshop class is designed for architects, interior designers, engineers, graphic designers and other professionals wanting to learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to edit photographs and to create marketing pieces for their professional practices.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Adobe software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive that information.
Adobe Certification Objectives
The curriculum covered in this course includes the following Adobe Certification objectives:
- Setting Project Requirements
- Understanding Digital Images
- Understanding Adobe Photoshop
- Creating Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
- Publishing Digital Images Using Adobe Photoshop
Certification / Accreditation
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our institution is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Photoshop software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Create a banner with A City.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create a banner with Construction Worker in Color & Construction Icons.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Remove Crane & Place Man with Crane in Scenes.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Create Banner with Composite Photo and Export Final Banners.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|Mar 29 - Apr 15, 2019||ONLINE|
|Apr 19 - May 06, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|