BIM 361 – In this online Navisworks training course, you will learn to use Navisworks to integrate Revit, 3D AutoCAD and compatible software programs into a 3D Navisworks model. That Navisworks model create clash detection between various architectural, structural, MEP and fire-suppression systems. Learn the most efficient Navisworks workflow strategies to efficiently integrate various BIM models into clash detection analysis models.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and is also a working professional who uses Navisworks on a daily basis and who also provides Clash Detection Services to architects, engineers and contractors.
VDCI encourages strong engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another.
This online class will provide an introduction to using Navisworks to provide solutions for clash detection in construction projects. Students will also learn to use the project Timeliner to assess construction schedules with actual construction. Using Navisworks and Revit-provided models, students will also be able to develop 3D, animated visualizations of their Navisworks and Revit models.
In this Navisworks training course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the various components of Navisworks, including Navisworks 3D Modeling, the Navisworks Timeliner, the Animator and Clash Detection.
- Explore the methodologies for integrating Revit, 3D AutoCAD and compatible software programs into a 3D model which can be used to create clash detection between various structural and MEP systems.
- Apply workflow strategies for efficient use of integrating various BIM models into clash detection analysis models.
- Create timeline animations representing 4D construction modeling and scheduling.
- Produce and resolve time-based clash detection reports which will minimize on-site construction change order requests.
The course is primarily designed for architects, interior designers, engineers, and others involved in the construction industry looking for an overview of building information modeling (BIM) using Navisworks.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Autodesk software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or email@example.com to receive that information.
Certification / Accreditation
- Autodesk Course e-certificate: The VDCI onsite and online courses are approved by Autodesk.
- cadteacher/VDCI is an Authorized Autodesk Training Center (ATC).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Autodesk Professional Certification Exams: For many of their software programs, Autodesk offers User and Professional Certification Exams which test your skills and knowledge. VDCI strongly encourages our students to take the exams and to become Certified Autodesk Professionals. As an Autodesk Certified Professional, you can enhance your credibility and can accelerate your professional development. Many employers insist on hiring Autodesk Certified Professionals.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- A strong interest to explore computer-based visualization.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Navisworks software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Navisworks Manage
- Exploring Autodesk Navisworks
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin by getting an overview of the Navisworks interface and learning how to maneuver through the software.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students learn the fundamentals of creating animations in Navisworks.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students learn to use the Navisworks animator and scripter windows as well as enable scripts.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin learning about the Clash Detection tool and how to organize clashes in a logical manner.
Students begin to use the TimeLiner tool and creating tasks, playing simulations.
Students learn to render their projects.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|Mar 29 - Apr 15, 2019||ONLINE|
|Apr 19 - May 06, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|