This online 3D AutoCAD course is designed as a follow-on to CAD305, for you to learn more advanced 3D solids and surfacing modeling skills. The course is taught by a licensed architect. We will focus on modeling many props, which will be integrated into the 3D model created in CAD305. Creating cameras will be included as you develop your 3D presentation model.
This course is designed to help people integrate 3D into their professional portfolio.
The class continues the project which began in CAD 305, Introduction to 3D Modeling. In CAD 306 we expand our learning to create props for a scene; we model furniture, accessories, and introduce a camera into our model. We learn more about advanced 3D modeling techniques and workflow. We create around fifteen models, populate them into a site and then we create some presentation sheet files.
This class is real-world, project based and is incredibly helpful for people who already have a good understanding of AutoCAD 3D modeling, and who want to take better advantage of the software that they already know and enjoy so much.
- Develop 3D models from 2D plan / elevation / section drawings
- Create solids and surfaces using more advanced 3D modeling techniques
- Acquire relevant, advanced 3D modeling skills
- Assess the most logical workflow to complete the 3D modeling tasks
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
DRAW OBJECTS PROFESSIONALLY
- Draw lines and rectangles
- Draw Circles, Arcs, and Polygons
DRAW WITH ACCURACY
- Use object-snap tracking
- Use Coordinate Systems
- Make isometric drawings
- Move and copy objects
- Rotate and scale objects
- Create and use arrays
- Trim and extend objects
- Offset and mirror objects
- Use grip editing
- Fillet and chamfer objects
USE ADDITIONAL DRAWING TECHNIQUES
- Draw and edit polylines
- Blend between objects with splines
- Apply hatches and gradients
- Change object properties
- Alter layer assignments for objects
- Control layer visibility
- Assign properties by object or layer
- Manage layer properties
REUSE EXISTING CONTENT
- Work with blocks
- Manage block attributes
- Reference external drawings and images
- Add and modify text
- Use dimensions
LAYOUTS AND PRINTING
- Create layouts
- Use viewports
- Set printing and plotting options
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- CAD 305 or equivalent training with instructor approval or three months working with 3D AutoCAD modeling in a professional environment.
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Mastering AutoCAD
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin modeling the furniture and props for a scene at the beach cottage.
- PROJECT: Model Gustav Stickley Swing Seat
- PROJECT: Model Gustav Stickley Card Table
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue modeling the furniture and props for a scene at the beach cottage.
- PROJECT: Model Gustav Stickley Tabouret
- PROJECT: Model Gustav Stickley Easy Chair
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of seven (7) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue modeling the props for a scene at the beach cottage.
- PROJECT: Position Furniture into the Scene
- PROJECT: Model Wine Glass
- PROJECT: Model Soft Drink
- PROJECT: Model Plate
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of eight (8) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue modeling the props for a scene at the beach cottage. Deliverable sheets are created.
- PROJECT: Model Flower Bowl
- PROJECT: Model Flower Arrangement
- PROJECT: Model Napkin and Napkin Ring
- PROJECT: Model Cutlery
- PROJECT: Position Props into the Scene
- PROJECT: Compose Presentation Sheets
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|