In this online AutoCAD course, we work together and continue developing a completed set of construction documents for the residential project we started in CAD 301. We create more building elevations, building sections, wall sections. Learn a lot of technical jargon. Modify detail drawings. We create a metes and bounds site plan drawing and reference it an architectural site plan. When we work on the cover sheet, we import notes and images. Great stuff to know.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and also a licensed architect who uses AutoCAD on a regular basis, working on construction documents for commercial, educational, residential and other projects.
VDCI encourages a strong online engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another.
CAD 302 is the second in a two-part series where we develop a complete set of construction documents for a residential project. This course is designed as a follow-up to CAD 301. Knowledge and confidence in the application of 2D computer documentation tools will be gained through hands-on training exercises and instructor presentations.
This online AutoCAD class will use lectures, hands-on demonstrations and lab exercises to familiarize students with the relevant AutoCAD commands and menuing systems.
The course covers two-dimensional drawing commands and drafting techniques to develop construction document skills including dimensioning, layout environments, layering systems and plotting.
- Create building elevations, building sections, wall sections; modify detail drawings; create metes and bounds (Civil) drawing; create relevant deliverable sheet files for a moderately complex residential project. Includes the development of title sheet and appropriate general and keynote legends.
- Successfully integrate referenced files to create construction documents. Demonstrate layer and file management, use of model/layout environments and multi-scale drawing presentations.
- Apply intermediate/advanced-level skills to create sheet layout environments and plotting.
- Organize deliverable sheet set to conform to the National CAD Standards.
The course is designed for (1) AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD LT users with less than 6 months professional experience, (2) current AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD LT users who have not had formal training and (3) current users who are not using the software efficiently.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Autodesk software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or email@example.com to receive that information.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
DRAW OBJECTS PROFESSIONALLY
- Draw lines and rectangles
- Draw Circles, Arcs, and Polygons
DRAW WITH ACCURACY
- Use object-snap tracking
- Use Coordinate Systems
- Move and copy objects
- Rotate and scale objects
- Create and use arrays
- Trim and extend objects
- Offset and mirror objects
- Use grip editing
- Fillet and chamfer objects
USE ADDITIONAL DRAWING TECHNIQUES
- Draw and edit polylines
- Blend between objects with splines
- Apply hatches and gradients
- Change object properties
- Alter layer assignments for objects
- Control layer visibility
- Assign properties by object or layer
- Manage layer properties
REUSE EXISTING CONTENT
- Work with blocks
- Manage block attributes
- Reference external drawings and images
- Add and modify text
- Use dimensions
- Add and modify multileaders
- Use tables
LAYOUTS AND PRINTING
- Create layouts
- Use viewports
- Set printing and plotting options
Certification / Accreditation
- Autodesk Course e-certificate: The VDCI onsite and online courses are approved by Autodesk.
- cadteacher/VDCI is an Authorized Autodesk Training Center (ATC).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Autodesk Professional Certification Exams: For many of their software programs, Autodesk offers User and Professional Certification Exams which test your skills and knowledge. VDCI strongly encourages our students to take the exams and to become Certified Autodesk Professionals. As an Autodesk Certified Professional, you can enhance your credibility and can accelerate your professional development. Many employers insist on hiring Autodesk Certified Professionals.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment or instructor approval. CAD 101, CAD 201, CAD 301 (or equivalent training with instructor approval), or six months working with AutoCAD in the professional environment.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Autodesk software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Mastering AutoCAD
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students explore civil drawings and create and submit the building site plan.
- PROJECT: Site Plan - AS-1.0 Sheet File
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students create an additional exterior elevation and two building sections.
- PROJECT: A3.2 Sheet File
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue to develop their A3.2 drawing, working specifically on the two building sections.
- PROJECT: A3.2 Sheet File (Continued)
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students continue developing the A3.2 sheet file and corresponding model. They also develop the A3.1 sheet file which includes the front elevation and roof plan.
- PROJECT: A3.1 Sheet File
- PROJECT: A3.2 Sheet File (Continued)
Lesson 5 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin developing their A3.3 sheet file showing wall sections and building details. They will repair some existing detail drawings and incorporate them into the deliverable sheet, including wall sections and making the appropriate references in other existing sheet files to the new detail and wall section drawings.
- PROJECT: A3.3 Sheet File
Lesson 6 - Equivalent of Four (4) On-Site Clock Hours
Students will be creating the cover sheet for their set of construction documents.
- PROJECT: Sheet Layout -- TS1.0 -- Title Sheet
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|Jan 04 - Jan 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jan 25 - Feb 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Feb 15 - Mar 04, 2019||ONLINE|
|Mar 08 - Mar 25, 2019||ONLINE|
|Mar 29 - Apr 15, 2019||ONLINE|
|Apr 19 - May 06, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|