This is a seminar review course for the Civil 3D Certification Exam. No answers to the Civil 3D Certification Exam are provided, just valuable overview concepts of the types of questions which will be presented in the exam, the format for the questions and the methodology/logic behind the kinds of questions covered in the exam.
In this seminar review "Test Prep" course for the Civil 3D Certification Exam, we conduct targeted presentations, providing valuable information which includes discussing and demonstrating the numerous Civil 3D commands and concepts which have been covered throughout the Civil 3D courses at VDCI, and how they relate to the Certification Exam.
Your instructor is a licensed Civil Engineer, works with Civil 3D on a daily basis and is also an Autodesk Certified Instructor.
By the conclusion of this seminar course, students will be well versed in the kinds of topics about which they will be tested on the Civil 3D Certification Exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency manipulating drawing information.
- Validate your skills and knowledge of Civil 3D.
- Advance your competitive edge and reputation, and achieve an accepted credential which can advance your career.
- Compare the functionality of different commands by using alternate interface methods.
Participants will be well prepared to sit for the Civil 3D Certification Exam.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency proven in the assessments (quizzes and tests) and their participation in the discussion forums.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
|Certification Test Prep Questions||85%|
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
Open labs are available for use in completing homework assignments and for additional "practice time" for all of our students who are within a convenient driving distance of our San Diego campus.
There is an additional cost for technical support setting up your computer system loading the Autodesk software, if you need that additional support. Please contact our Program Manager at 619-758-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive that information.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
- Create and use object styles
- Create and use label styles
LINES AND CURVES
- Use the line and curve commands
- Use the Transparent commands
- Create points using the Point Creation commands
- Create points by importing point data
- Use point groups to control the display of points
- Identify key characteristics of surfaces
- Create and edit surfaces
- Use styles and settings to display surface information
- Create a surface by assembling fundamental data
- Use styles to analyze surface display results
- Annotate surfaces
- Design a parcel layout
- Select parcel styles to change the display of parcels
- Select styles to annotate parcels
- Design a geometric layout
- Create alignments
PROFILES AND PROFILE VIEWS
- Create a surface profile
- Design a profile
- Create a profile view style
- Create a profile view
- Design and create a corridor
- Derive information and data from a corridor
- Design and create an intersection
SECTIONS AND SECTION VIEWS
- Create and analyze sections and section views
- Design and create a pipe network
- Design and create a grading model
- Create a grading model feature line
MANAGING AND SHARING DATA
- Create a data sharing setup
- Create a sheet set
- Use view frames
- Identify key characteristics of survey data
- Use description keys to control the display of points created from survey data
- Create a boundary drawing from field data
Certification / Accreditation
- Autodesk Course e-certificate: The VDCI onsite and online courses are approved by Autodesk.
- cadteacher/VDCI is an Authorized Autodesk Training Center (ATC).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
- National Accreditation - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Autodesk Professional Certification Exams: For many of their software programs, Autodesk offers User and Professional Certification Exams which test your skills and knowledge. VDCI strongly encourages our students to take the exams and to become Certified Autodesk Professionals. As an Autodesk Certified Professional, you can enhance your credibility and can accelerate your professional development. Many employers insist on hiring Autodesk Certified Professionals.
- This course is a seminar-based course regarding the Civil 3D Certification Exam.
- It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that students complete C3D 301 through C3D 303 before attempting the exam.
- If students have not participated in these classes, at least six months of professional work experience using Civil 3D is recommended.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- In order to run Civil 3D software, your computer must meet these hardware requirements
- Civil 3D
- Mastering Autodesk Civil 3D
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software will be downloaded directly onto your machine. Instructions are provided in the VDCI Student Portal for your course.
While you are taking classes at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of two (2) On-Site Clock Hour
Students are introduced to the certification process and begin reviewing the user interface and navigating the Civil 3D environment.
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of two (2) On-Site Clock Hour
Students begin the review process by covering styles, lines and curves, points, surfaces, and parcels.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of three (3) On-Site Clock Hour
Students review alignments, profiles, corridors, and sections.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of three (3) On-Site Clock Hour
Students review pipe networks, grading, management and sharing, plan production, and field to finish.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|