In the first part of the Construction Management Fundamentals series, you will learn how a construction project is managed from start to finish.
In this course, you will learn:
- an overview of the construction industry
- the key parties involved
- Project and Master Planning
- industry sectors
- design vs. construction
- what life in the industry is like
You will also learn valuable information about:
- the major project delivery systems
- payment options
- procurement options
- quantifying and managing risk
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Enjoy this class, and this series of Construction Management Fundamental courses!
- All students are expected to have a working ability to read in English and an interest in learning the workflow of how a building is designed and built, the roles played by the team members and the workflow of the disciplines involved in constructing the building.
- You will need to have access to a computer or smart device which can reliably stream our course videos. An internet connection of 10 mbps or higher is recommended.
- No software is required for this course.
- There is no textbook for this course.
- Career Options (PDF/200KB)
Bandwidth Access to the Internet
Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCU students.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Online Course Start Dates
Please click here to see the online course schedule. Online courses begin every three weeks, on a Friday and are 18-days long.