In this course, you will learn how to use the Revit tools to collaborate with other team members, streamline workflow, and manage a BIM Project to fulfill the expectations of all team members. We will discuss managing people, implementing of scope, accomplishing tasks yourself, designating tasks, organizational reporting structures and many appropriate project management skills.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and also an experienced architectural project manager who uses Revit on a daily basis, preparing construction documents for commercial, medical and biotech projects.
VDCI encourages a strong online engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another.
In BIM 304, BIM Project Management, you will learn how to use the Revit tools to collaborate with other team members, streamline workflow, and manage a BIM Project to fulfill the expectations of all team members. We will discuss managing people, implementation of scope, accomplishing tasks yourself, designating tasks, organizational reporting structures and many appropriate project management skills.
You will be provided source Revit files. You will be provided videos which will guide you through the learning process. There will be quizzes relating to your project as well as to your reading assignments. There will be discussion forums in which you will be participating. There will be regular progress submissions of the work you completed and there will also be 1:1 time with your instructor.
- Explore BIM Project Management and discuss its uses and concepts.
- Implement workflow procedures to efficiently use BIM.
- Perform interference checks/clash coordination to highlight the benefits of BIM.
- Participate in the use of work-sharing and the project management principles when working on a large project documents.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
- Copy and monitor elements in a linked file
- Use worksharing
- Import DWG and image files
- Use Worksharing Visualization
- Assess review warnings in Revit
- Tag elements (doors, windows, etc.) by category
- Use dimension strings
- Work with phases
ELEMENTS AND FAMILIES
- Change elements within a curtain wall (grids, panels, mullions)
- Create compound walls
- Create a stacked wall
- Differentiate system and component families
- Work with family Parameters
- Create a new family type
- Use Family creation procedures
- Create elements such as a floors, ceilings, or roofs
- Define element properties in a schedule
- Control visibility
- Use levels
- Create a duplicate view for a plan, section, elevation, drafting view, etc.
- Create and manage legends
- Manage view position on sheets
- Organize and sort items in a schedule
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- BIM 301, BIM 302 and/or three months of professional experience using BIM (with instructor approval).
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students begin by learning the basics of worksharing within Revit
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students create both central and local files.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students use Revit’s clash detection tool.
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students create redlines using DWF files and Autodesk Design Review.
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 10 - May 27, 2019||ONLINE|
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|