This online AutoCAD course teaches students important skill sets to help them succeed as CAD and Project Managers, how to set up the AutoCAD environment for their office, how to successfully manage CAD projects and how to update/adapt “inherited projects” to conform with office CAD standards.
Your instructor is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and also an experienced Senior Project Manager who uses AutoCAD on a daily basis, manages numerous staff on CAD projects, creating construction documents for commercial, educational and residential projects.
VDCI encourages a strong online engagement between you, your instructor and your classmates. You will participate in group discussion forums, connect with your instructor and message your classmates. You are also invited to join us in the VDCI Student Lounge, where our instructors, staff, current students and alumni share information and help one another.
In this online AutoCAD training class you will learn a lot about how to manage a CAD Project. You will learn a whole lot about how to serve as an excellent CAD Manager. This course teaches people the skills to succeed as a CAD and a Project Manager.
- Demonstrate understanding of the technical and managerial skills required to succeed as a CAD and Project Manager.
- Organize the AutoCAD User Interface to optimize productivity and standards for an office.
- Use office standard file naming and file organization.
- Master an understanding of the National CAD Standards.
- Convert “an inherited CAD project” into a format which supports the National CAD Standards and Office CAD Standards.
AutoDesk Certification Objectives
DRAW OBJECTS PROFESSIONALLY
- Draw lines and rectangles
- Draw Circles, Arcs, and Polygons
DRAW WITH ACCURACY
- Use object-snap tracking
- Move and copy objects
- Rotate and scale objects
- Create and use arrays
- Trim and extend objects
- Offset and mirror objects
- Use grip editing
- Fillet and chamfer objects
USE ADDITIONAL DRAWING TECHNIQUES
- Draw and edit polylines
- Apply hatches and gradients
- Change object properties
- Alter layer assignments for objects
- Control layer visibility
- Assign properties by object or layer
- Manage layer properties
REUSE EXISTING CONTENT
- Work with blocks
- Manage block attributes
- Reference external drawings and images
- Add and modify text
- Use dimensions
LAYOUTS AND PRINTING
- Create layouts
- Use viewports
- Set printing and plotting options
- Fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- The equivalent of CAD 101, CAD 201, CAD 301 and CAD 302 or six months working with AutoCAD in the professional environment.
- Hardware Requirements
- Access to 10 mbps Internet
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth with a download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Mastering AutoCAD
- For International Students, VDCI does not ship textbooks internationally. Please click here to obtain the ISBN number and order the book from Amazon in your home country.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can work at your own pace. Each course is 18 days long. You will have two weeks and three weekends to complete the course. There are set deliverable schedules which are addressed in the course syllabus.
Free Access to the Software
While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
There are two discussion forums for the course, the Student Forum and the Graded Forum.
The Student Forum is for you to interact with your fellow classmates, to discuss issues you are having, and get to know one other much like you would in a classroom environment.
The Graded Discussion Forum requires an initial post and a response to another student. These will be part of your final grade. Your initial discussion post is due Monday, one week from the beginning of class, by 11:55pm Pacific Time. Your second discussion post must be a response to another student, and it is due by the end of the course.
VDCI Student Lounge
The VDCI Student Lounge is open to all VDCI Students and Alumni. In the Student Lounge, you are welcome to ask general questions to your VDCI colleagues. Instructors and VDCI staff regularly chime in. This is a great center of engagement for our VDCI community.
Students will receive a detailed syllabus once they are enrolled in the course.
Lesson 1 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Introducing CAD and Project Management by a recognized professional in the industry.
- CLASS PROJECT: CAD and CAD Project Management
Lesson 2 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students focus on the CAD Management aspects of standardizing the installation of AutoCAD.
- CLASS PROJECT: Assuming the responsibility for an existing CAD Project and adapting/adjusting it to conform with appropriate office project/file management standards.
Lesson 3 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students cover the National CAD Standards.
- CLASS PROJECT: National CAD Standards, File Naming
Lesson 4 - Equivalent of Five (5) On-Site Clock Hours
Students receive and correct an existing project by organizing the project drawing files to conform with office file management standards. >
cadteacher / vdci online course – ALL COURSES
|May 31 - Jun 17, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jun 21 - Jul 8, 2019||ONLINE|
|Jul 12 - Jul 29, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 02 - Aug 19, 2019||ONLINE|
|Aug 23 - Sep 09, 2019||ONLINE|
|Sep 13 - Sep 30, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 04 - Oct 21, 2019||ONLINE|
|Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2019||ONLINE|
|Nov 15 - Dec 02, 2019||ONLINE|
|Dec 06 - Dec 23, 2019||ONLINE|