PFC 501, the Technology Certificate Completion Practical, is your opportunity to showcase the skills you have learned at VDCI. You will work closely with your instructor to design and create a project which allows you to demonstrate the software skills you have learned at VDCI.
The end result of this course is for you to create a portfolio project which you can present to future employers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the software programs learned in your Technology Certificate courses.
- Evaluate the best methods to successfully complete your Certificate Completion Practical.
- Develop a thesis project which integrates the best use of each of the software programs learned throughout your Technology Certificate.
- Aligns with project deliverable submission schedules which are regularly used in industry -- Scheduling implementation plan; 30% deliverable; 60% deliverable; 90% deliverable; 100% deliverable; Final deliverable.
This course is designed for Technology Certificate students to demonstrate the skills learned at VDCI to ultimately advance their employment opportunities.
Class participants will receive a grade based on their competency demonstrated in the project deliverables for this course.
This class aligns with project deliverable submission schedules which are regularly used in industry. You will create an implementation plan; and then submit 30% deliverable; 60% deliverable; 90% deliverable; 100% deliverable; Final deliverable.
You and your instructor will work closely together, to help you create the best possible project.
You and your instructor will agree on an implementation plan - which directs all of your anticipated project deliverables. Then, you will submit progress deliverables.
VDCI understands that sometimes you will need to change the scope of your implementation plan, so that you can successfully complete your final deliverable project on time. If you decide to change your project, you will need to discuss this with your instructor and to obtain approval to change your implementation plan. After that approval, you will need to update your implementation plan and to then submit updated progress deliverables (30/60/90, etc.) on your project. It is imperative that VDCI receives an implementation plan and all progress deliverables which support your final, completed project.
Class grades will be determined by the total number of points achieved in the following categories:
Final grades are determined using the following scale:
|Letter Grade||Percent||Grade Points|
|A+||98 - 100||4.00|
|A||94 - 97||3.67|
|A-||90 - 93||3.50|
|B+||87 - 89||3.33|
|B||83 - 86||3.00|
|B-||80 - 82||2.67|
|C+||77 - 79||2.33|
|C||73 - 76||2.00|
|C-||70 - 72||1.67|
|D+||67 - 69||1.33|
|D||63 - 66||1.00|
|D-||60 - 62||0.67|
|F||0 - 59||0.00|
The weighted values will be summed into total points achieved.
You are welcome to join us on campus and to work on your Certificate Completion Practical during open lab hours.
Autodesk Certification Objectives
Autodesk Certification Objectives are not formally addressed in this course.
Certification / Accreditation
- National Accreditation - VDCI is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). All of our courses are regulated and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- State of California Approval - Our individual courses, training bundles and technology certificate programs are approved by the State of California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) for both online and onsite learning.
This is the final course for our Technology Certificate students.
Our classes are fast-track, accelerated courses.
If you have ANY CONCERNS about your computer competency, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you improve your computer skills before attending the class.
Free Access to the Software
Free Access to the Software While you are a student at VDCI, you will be provided free access to the software needed to participate in your course. The software provided will either be downloaded directly onto your machine or you will access the software on one of our Virtual Servers. Throughout your studies at VDCI, it is very important that you have access to good-quality Internet bandwidth. It is also very important, if you are accessing our Virtual Servers, that you pay special attention to the MP4 and PDF guidance provided regarding saving your project files (datasets) onto your local machine.
The Enrollment Process
Joining a VDCI Technology Certificate Program is a commitment on your part - which will benefit your career in the long-run.
VDCI wants to make sure that you understand your rights and your protections when you participate in one of our Programs.
To begin enrolling, you must first review and then submit an Enrollment Agreement. Please follow the steps listed below.
Contact VDCI with Questions
If you have any questions, please contact our Program Manager -- 619-758-9300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our Technology Certificate Programs. Our Program Manager will help guide you in choosing the best path for you and will assist you in the Enrollment Process.
(Step 1) Review a Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
Please click on the name of your Technology Certificate Program below to review an Enrollment Agreement.
- CAD / BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- CAD Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- Civil 3D Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
(Step 2) ADD TO CART and Begin the Checkout Process
- Choose the Payment Plan for your Technology Certificate Program, confirm the three required items and "ADD TO CART."
- Go to your Cart and create or SIGN IN to your account.
- Go through the Checkout Process.
- After you have checked out, you will receive two emails from VDCI Registrar -- your Order Confirmation and your VDCI Enrollment Agreement.
- Please follow the link provided in the fourth paragraph of your VDCI Enrollment Agreement email. Once you have completed the Enrollment Agreement, please SUBMIT it to the VDCI Registrar. NOTE: You can "copy/paste" your initials to speed up the enrollment process. The Enrollment Agreement is long but again, it is important for you to understand your rights and the protections which VDCI has in place for you.
- After you have submitted your Enrollment Agreement, our Program Manager will email you an executed copy of your Enrollment Agreement.
(Step 3) Payment Pending until VDCI receives your signed Enrollment Agreement
When you pay for your Technology Certificate Program, your credit card will not be charged until VDCI has received your Enrollment Agreement.
Please contact our Program Manager -- 619-758-9300 or email email@example.com with any questions, etc.
(Step 4) Begin your Technology Certificate Program!
After the Enrollment Process is complete, our VDCI Program Manager will reach out to you to Welcome you to the VDCI Technology Certificate Program, to discuss required and elective course options and to answer any other questions you might have.
Students who enroll in a Technology Certificate Program must pass their first four courses within the first four-month period with a grade of “B” before they are officially registered as a candidate in the Technology Certificate Program.
Welcome! VDCI looks forward to supporting you in your CAD, BIM and VDC career education.