Enhance your Career
All VDCI Technology Certificate Programs are real-world, project-based and instructor-led with strong student engagement. They are comprehensive training programs with in-depth, hands-on experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, SketchUp & more.
Each Technology Certificate Program includes the Certificate Completion Practical (PFC 501), where you will work 1:1 with your instructor to create a project, which you can include in your resume, and present your project to future employers to demonstrate the skills you learned at VDCI.
- CAD / BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- CAD Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- BIM Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- Civil 3D Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
- Choose the Payment Plan for your Technology Certificate Program, confirm the required items and "ADD TO CART."
- Go to your Cart and create or SIGN IN to your account.
- Go through the Checkout Process.
- After you have checked out, you will receive two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org -- your Order Confirmation and your VDCI Enrollment Agreement, for you to complete.
- Please follow the link provided in the fourth paragraph of your VDCI Enrollment Agreement email. Once you have completed the Enrollment Agreement, please SUBMIT it to the VDCI Registrar. NOTE: You can "copy/paste" your initials to speed up the enrollment process.
- After you have submitted your Enrollment Agreement, our Program Manager will email you an executed copy of your Enrollment Agreement.
- Our technology certificate programs are nationally accredited; therefore, we adhere to the following expectations:
(a) Program must be completed within the published time frame (9 – 12 months depending on the program)
(b) Any breaks must be approved in advance – a Leave of Absence form must be submitted for approval. Work-related breaks are not allowed.
(c) If employed within the industry, VDCI may ask you to confirm your employer, start date, position/title, employer contact info so we can verify your employment.
(d) If a student does not plan to get employed in a training-related position, they should not enroll in a technology certificate program.
- Proof of Education: VDCI requires a copy of a high school diploma, GED, or other proof of former education in order such as a transcript, diploma, or certificate to enroll in a certificate program
- Trial Period: VDCI requires you to fill out an enrollment agreement prior to starting your first course in the program. By signing the enrollment agreement, you agree to start the program under a trial period where you will be expected to complete two courses with a 70% or higher. If you do not pass this trial period, you will be dropped from the program and you will not be allowed to enroll in another technology certificate program, however, you can enroll in our training bundles. See VDCI Catalog page 94 to review the trial period details.
- Stay in touch with Staff: VDCI expects each student to communicate with our staff when an issue arises that may affect their class attendance. Lack of communication, after a certain period of time, may result in program termination.
- Certificate Program v Training Bundle: If the student is not interested in receiving a technology certificate for completing a program, they should not enroll in a program and should refer to our training bundles.
- Hardware Requirements: Student must have a computer that meets the computer hardware requirements necessary to run Autodesk software programs.
- Student must have fundamental working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- Students must have access to good-quality (10 mbps) Internet bandwidth. It is recommended that students use dual monitors.
- Time Commitments: Student must have enough time to spend 20+ hours per each 18-day cycle to complete each online course.
- Student must be comfortable taking classes online.
CAD/BIM Technology Certificate Program
The CAD/BIM Technology Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the skills and technical knowledge requested by employers using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. The certificate program focuses on the development of fundamental drafting and CAD and BIM skills and problem-solving strategies.You can specialize in Revit MEP, Revit Structure, AutoCAD Construction Documents or AutoCAD 3D Modeling.$4,850.00
USD / Save $1,250.00
OR 10 payments of $485.00Program Details
336 Instruction Hours
Complete it in 12 Months
BIM Technology Certificate Program
Revit is the industry standard software program for BIM (Building Information Modeling). In the BIM Technology Certificate Program, you create a 3D model of a moderately complex commercial project and extract the construction documents directly from the BIM model. All of our courses are designed to work together, so a student constantly builds on lessons learned in the previous courses. Today, Government, Military, Hospital, Education and other similarly-scaled projects require that their work be completed in Revit (BIM).
You can specialize in Revit MEP or Revit Structure.$3,800.00
USD / Save $875.00
OR 8 payments of $475.00Program Details
216 Instruction Hours
Complete it in 9 Months
CAD Technology Certificate Program
The CAD Technology Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the skills and technical knowledge requested by employers using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software. You can also specialize in 3D Modeling.
The certificate program focuses on the development of construction documentation skills and problem-solving strategies. You can also specialize in 3D AutoCAD.$2,820.00
USD / Save $1,030.00
OR 6 payments of $470.00Program Details
222 Instruction Hours
Complete it in 9 Months
Civil 3D Technology Certificate Program
The Civil 3D Technology Certificate Program focuses on the specific technologies appropriate to current and projected skill set requirements for the development and refurbishing of our infrastructure system and also towards site development.
Students are exposed to public 3D/virtual databases and learn about 3D data management and project file sharing through web-based technologies such as project FTP, MILCON, and city/state/national databases. Coursework integrates with CALTRANS and other public agency requirements and databases.$2,760.00
USD / Save $940.00
OR 6 payments of $460.00Program Details
216 Instruction Hours
Complete it in 9 Months
The Enrollment Process
Participating in a VDCI Technology Certificate Program is a commitment by you which will benefit your career.
Please read The Three Steps to Enroll into a Certificate Program listed below and then read the Enrollment Checklist. This page will walk you through the enrollment process.
The Three Steps to Enroll into a Certificate Program
(Step 1) Review a Technology Certificate Program Enrollment Agreement
Please click on the name of your Technology Certificate Program below and review that Enrollment Agreement. During the enrollment process, you will be acknowledging that you have reviewed your Enrollment Agreement before making your payment. You will be completing a copy of your Technology Certificate Program Enrollment agreement after you have enrolled in your Certificate Program.
(Step 2) ADD TO CART and Begin the Checkout Process
(Step 3) Begin your Technology Certificate Program!
After the Enrollment Process is complete, our VDCI Program Manager will reach out to you to Welcome you to the VDCI Technology Certificate Program, to discuss your schedule, your required and elective course options and to answer any questions you might have.
Vocational Students will be automatically placed in a VDCI “trial period” for six weeks or until their first two courses in the Program have been successfully completed with a "C-" (70%) or better. These courses must include one required introductory level and one required intermediate level course required for the completion of the student’s certificate program.
Contact VDCI with Questions
If you have any questions, please contact our Program Manager -- 619-758-9300 or email email@example.com to discuss our Technology Certificate Programs. Our Program Manager will help guide you in choosing the best path for you and will assist you in the Enrollment Process.
VDCI wants to make sure that you understand your rights and your protections when you participate in one of our Programs.
Technology Certificate Programs
All Technology Certificate Program Students must have the minimum of a high school Diploma or GED equivalent before they can enroll in a VDCI Technology Certificate Program. Copies of these documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The US Department of Education requires that students enrolling in a VDCI Technology Certificate Program must provide a digital or printed copy of their transcripts, degree, diploma, or GED test results, demonstrating that they meet or exceed the Department of Education's requirements.
When a vocational student does not meet the minimum education requirement, the only test that can be taken in lieu of the minimum education is the “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) exam. Students must earn a passing score according to the ATB exam in order to begin taking courses at VDCI. The Minimum passing scores are Reading: 55, Writing Skill: 60, Math: 34.
Our administrative staff will gladly help you with your enrollment. Please call us at 619-758-9300
Enrolling in a Technology Certificate Program requires that students submit:
- A picture or scanned copy of their transcripts, degree, diploma, or GED test results confirming that the student meets or exceeds VDCI’s minimum education requirements
- Image must be sent directly to email@example.com
- Certificate-Specific Enrollment Agreement
- Acknowledge having downloaded and read the VDCI Catalog and School Performance Fact Sheet
- Enrolling in a Technology Certificate Program requires that students complete a Certificate-Specific Enrollment Agreement, acknowledgement of having read the VDCI Catalog and the VDCI School Performance Fact Sheet and also download a copy of the VDCI Catalog.
- Students will be able to enroll in the Technology Certificate Program once these forms have been submitted digitally. Students will find these forms located in the checkout process of their Technology Certificate Program.
If participating in a VDCI no-interest payment plan:
- Payment Plan Agreement
- Students participating in a VDCI no-interest payment plan will also be required to fill out documents for their specific Technology Certificate Program.